What is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) refers to the standards that enable voice-based phone calls to be made using an internet connection rather than a local telephone company.
Voice over IP is a technology that converts your voice into a digital signal, compresses it, and sends it over the internet. The call is set up between all participants by a VoIP service provider. The digital data is then decompressed at the receiving end into the sound you hear through your handset or speakerphone.
People prefer VoIP because it allows them to make phone calls without using a phone line, which saves them money on long-distance charges. You don’t need to run any additional copper wires if you have internet access. Employees can work from home or telecommute to the office as a result of this.
To make a VoIP call, you’ll need a SIP-compatible desk phone or a VoIP calling app, which means it has an IP address and can make calls from your network. They can make high-definition (HD) phone calls, unlike landline phones.
What Is the Process of Using a VoIP Phone System?
A VoIP phone system is a technology that allows you to make phone calls using your internet connection rather than a traditional landline or mobile network. Over your broadband connection, a VoIP system converts analog voice signals into digital signals. A VoIP server is used to connect phone calls to other networks.
A typical VoIP configuration includes a desk phone and a SIP server, which is usually provided by a VoIP service provider. It performs even better than a traditional landline phone because it has far more features than an analog phone service could ever provide.
Because VoIP operates over the internet, your data is securely stored in the cloud. An online dashboard allows you to manage the VoIP system. Users can use this dashboard to change contacts, business phone numbers, call forwarding, and add new phone numbers.
Regardless of which phone system you use, you most likely already pay for internet service. With cable and fiber broadband, it is possible to use internet phone service instead of the expensive telephone company. It’s also much easier to incorporate new features that are critical to your company’s needs.
What Is the Price of a VoIP Phone System?
The monthly cost of a VoIP phone system ranges between $20 and $40 per line. Your costs may be lower depending on the number of users, commitment, and features. A good IP phone costs around $70, but it can also be leased for as little as a few dollars per month.
A VoIP phone system’s total cost should include phones, accessories, service, and any one-time setup fees. Many companies do not charge any setup or activation fees and include free number porting and setup.
What features does a VoIP Phone Setup include?
Aside from significant cost savings, extensive phone features are another important reason why so many businesses are switching to VoIP.
The following are the most important features of a VoIP phone system:
- Unlimited calling – Make as many calls as you want to any phone in the United States and Canada. There are no minutes to track. Savings are available immediately.
- Online Faxing – Just like email, you can send and receive an unlimited number of faxes. There is no hardware or wiring. Faxing is now straightforward.
- Auto Attendant – Greet callers immediately and direct them to the appropriate person. From the moment they call, make an excellent first impression.
- Call Queues – Manage calls when your team is overburdened. Callers are queued for the next available agent. It will be a hit with both you and your customers.
- HD Voice Quality – Make better-sounding phone calls. The g.722 codec is designed to eliminate annoying static during lively conversations.
- Voicemail-to-Email – Receive voicemail messages in your inbox. Listen to voicemails and respond via email.
- Smartphone App – Take business calls while you’re on the go. Never again will you miss an important call. It is available for free on both iOS and Android devices.
- Real-Time Presence – See who is available to receive phone calls and chat messages in real-time. Live status updates are precise and easy to understand.
- Team Collaboration – Communicate with your team on a single system. Perfect video and screen sharing allows you to complete tasks more quickly.
- CRM Integrations – An optional integration with your current CRM. Increase productivity with a well-integrated workflow.